A bug sweep or technical surveillance countermeasure is a method of detecting bugs, uncovering any illegally placed surveillance devices, and potentially finding any security weaknesses.
Why do individuals and businesses plant bugs?
– In a messy divorce? In an effort to gain some leverage and evidence, sometimes a spouse will plant bugs in your apartment or house.
– People suspecting their significant others of cheating have been known to.
– Offices and businesses are often targeted due to having valuable information people want to steal.
– Identity theft is becoming more and more popular.
– Other private investigators, lawyers, or people in litigation.
– Celebrities are huge targets.
– Many other reasons.
If you feel you are being spyed on, contact RAI for a free consultation so we can eventuate if a bug sweep is needed.
How do we conduct bug sweeps?
We start by telling you not to talk in rooms or areas you think are bugged. Not going in the rooms if possible, is ideal. Typically all bugs are found within 20 feet of where conversations usually occur. If the person knows you, they will know where to plant them.
We visually inspect the areas you suspect are bugged, looking for anything out of place, odd, or typical of bugs we’ve seen planted in the past.
Every sweep we do uses the following:
✔RF (radio frequency) sweep – 200 Hz to 12 GHz.
✔Telephone sweep by performing electronic tests and physically inspecting every phone.
✔Carrier current sweep – 20 KHz to 400 KHz (the building wiring)
✔Cell phone sweep
✔Hidden Microphone sweep
✔Hidden video camera sweep (both wireless and hardwired)
✔Hidden Audio recorder sweep
✔Any Infrared transmissions
Our state of the art equipment can detective nearly every hidden bug planted. We have conducted hundreds of bug sweeps for companies, organizations, attorneys, and the general public.